Former Royal Ballet dancer, Pietra De Mello Pittman MBE is Director of London and Dubai based production company Sisters Grimm, which she established in 2009, with Grammy nominated composer Ella Spira MBE, while still at the Royal Ballet. This year they were both honored with MBE’s for services to International Trade and the Creative Industries in the 2021 New Years Honours List.
Pietra and Ella have dedicated their lives to cross-cultural, multi-disciplinary, global collaborations spotlighting and celebrating different cultures through the arts. Their productions have been viewed and celebrated by millions all over the world; their mission is to tell stories focusing on mental and physical well-being and ecological awareness, with the aim to affect individuals into cultural and social change.
“The tale of the Sisters Grimm is one that leads from an ambitious composer and a ballerina to huge, stage productions, the Grammys and, they hope, the home of fantastical storytelling: Disney.” Evening Standard quote
Sisters Grimm has built up a prestigious creative brand internationally, working for the likes of BBC, Channel 4, ITV, the Royal Variety Performance, UNICEF, Hi5 and the GREAT Campaign. They have entered into co productions with the Royal Opera House and the Ambassador Theatre Group.
• 2014 INALA opens the Edinburgh International Festival and sells out largest theatre in Europe Edinburgh Playhouse,
• 2016 a Zulu Ballet was nominated for a Grammy for Best World Music Album.
• 2018 Voices of the Amazon narrated by Jeremy Irons, wins Brazilian International Press Award Best show
• 2019 Pietra and Ella were invited to Yale University, by World Fellow Nizam Uddin, to talk about the “Power of Creative Theatre to Humanise”.
• 2019 INALA relaunches in the West End, Royal Albert Hall, Prince Harry’s Concert at Hampton Court Palace, Marina Bay Sands Singapore & China Tour.
• 2020 6 new music video releases, from new Arab World Show, ‘Daughters of the Wind’ had over 8.9 million YouTube views, including over 1 million views for “Together Let Go” and over 3 million views for their UAE National Day release “UNITED” featuring Shamma Hamdan and garnering major local and international press.
• 2021 UAE Art in Nature launched, Sisters Grimm’s first digital Covid conscious Social impact Initiative for World Wildlife Day releasing ‘Windows of the Mind” featuring the art submissions from over 1000 under 18 year olds across the UAE.
• 2021 ‘50 for 50’ UAE Golden Jubilee Art series completed, 50 UAE landscape paintings are filmed in an immersive dance musical show called 'Daughters of the WIid Overture' at Dubai Opera and hung in Burj Khalifa Music and Art Studio.